Friday, September 19, 2008

Where Did All the Women Go??

So today marks the departure of all the women from the households of Hope Community Church attenders. This weekend will be filled with single dads trying to hold on to their sanity while managing the children (unless you and your boyfriend plan on camping out at Tsali - not that I'm jealous at all). The weekend will be filled with figuring out how much Benadryl is officially legal for a child to consume (just kidding moms!!). It's always fun heading in to this weekend seeing how the moms worry that the dads won't be able to handle it and how the dads think everything will be fine. I guess it's a good sample for us dads to see what it's like to be a stay at home mom, minus cleaning the house, doing the dishes, and doing the laundry (I mean it's only a couple of days it's not like the house will get dirty and the girls have plenty of clothes). Of course the dual edge sword is when the moms ask how the weekend went if the dads so it was smooth sailing then the moms are mad and then if the dads say it was horrible and hard then the moms say I told you so. In all fairness I think my weekend will be a combination of smooth sailing and hard(hopefully that will dull the sword edges some).

Side note: Don't ever, ever laugh at 3 or 4 guys with 6 to 8 kids in tow, you might just end up adopting one of those rugrats!!

1 comment:

Jane said...

use paper plates this weekend and it will be better for everyone on Sunday when she gets home.