Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Reunion

This past weekend was the annual Steffen family reunion. Tricia, the kids and I traveled up to Chicago for a couple of days. Chicago, it seems, will always be our traveling nemesis as we were delayed leaving Charlotte by 2 hours and didn't get to Chicago till 11:30 pm EST. The girls were troopers on the plane ride as Tricia got constantly harassed by a flight attendant nazi. In the end, all the traveling was worth the time spent with family. The girls had a great time being doted over by everyone there. There was always someone to play with and no shortage of things to do. As for Tricia and I we got to relax and enjoy some hours away from the kids. Tricia went on a shopping spree with her cousins, which she is not allowed to do anymore! I was able to go play Whirlyball which is an awesome game of bumper cars, lacrosse and basketball (I think I might quit my day job and start a whirlyball franchise in Charlotte). After some whirlyball fun, all the guys played in a round-robin cornhole tournament. So all in all, it was a great weekend of fun and family and on top of all that we got to see some snow!! Now if I could only get my back to stop hurting from all the bumper cars collisions I sustained!

(picture of all cousins and great-grandchildren in attendance)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to see you brought all your teeth back from the whirlyball tourny

The Toy said...

Yeah, no kidding! I almost lost an arm though...