Monday, February 4, 2008

Kid in Candy Store

So my excitement started with a 7:45 am call where I couldn't understand the man on the other end of the line, but I knew what he was calling about -- my new computer was being delivered today. I know, I know, I am a big geek. I mean who gets excited by a new computer, it's not like it is an iPhone or anything. But wait, it could be an iMac, right? For as long as I've been wanting a new computer, I've been toying with the idea of getting an Apple. Yes, you read that right, a born and bred Windows guy was considering an Apple. I had read all the newsgroups where the two sides fought like it was the end of the world. Apple users waxing poetic about the new Leapard OS and how Vista was no good, and PC users harping on Apple computers not being good gaming machines, etc. So with a big decision in front of me, I asked my closest friends what to do, but since they were Apple users they had pretty biased opinions. In the end I went with the PC. For the money I could get a top notch machine where I didn't have to stumble around learning a new OS. Plus as the venerable Ben McDonald responded, "...don't get an Apple." So here it is in all it's glory, a brand new Dell XPS420...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Ben's answer, no bull, no long drawn out explanation, just the goods.

Jason Tuttle said...

I think it is total bull. MAC IS BETTER. The only saving grace is you don't own a Mac so you don't know what you're missing.

Oh, and Hunt, we're not friends anymore. At lease Ben knows where I stand.

Anonymous said...

I love my ipod if that helps tut