So the Harris family has had a very busy summer so far. I guess the craziness started off with Hannah's surgery and has come full circle to Leah's surgery with a little of my own chaos thrown in. So to recap, Hannah had her surgery about a month ago (ear tubes and adenoids) and shortly thereafter I was informed by my manager at Bank of America that they would be running out of funding for my contract. Yikes!! Taking this in stride I went about doing what I do best, finding jobs! This time was different though because I couldn't casually peruse for one, I needed to find one in 3 weeks. So my days were filled with talking to recruiter and trying to keep track of all the opportunities presented to me. In the end I had to keep a notepad of all the people I was talking to just to keep things straight. As the deadline for termination came closer the dread of finding a job and the stress of figuring out medical insurance coverage (since Leah's surgery was coming soon) was becoming too much. I think Tricia had a few panic attacks along the way :) As the timing would have it I ended up with a job offer 2 days before my contract was terminated and low and behold it was another contract through my current firm. With another job set, Leah's surgery (ear tubes, adenoids, tonsils, ambilical hernia repair) was next up for us. Her surgery went very well and she is currently recovering nicely. The only downside being she is full of energy but unable to run around and play per the doctor's orders.
Looking back on these past few weeks is crazy to me to see what was going on in our lives, but in the end everything worked out in the best possible way. I am (we are) so greatful for all of our friends and family that have been supporting and praying for us. We appreciate you all very much. It continues to amaze me how blind I am to God's presence at the time chaos is happening and then looking back and seeing that He was there all along holding us up and guiding us. We feel so blessed! Thank you all
No comments:
Post a Comment